Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Breath of Scandal by Sandra Brown

This was not an author I was familiar with. When I requested the book on Net Galley, it was listed as previously published but new to digital. I have to say that the writing style  didn't show its age despite the jumping around between timelines and storylines at the beginning. The story stretches through the seventies and on into the nineties. Fortunately though, besides the obvious lack of personal electronics, such as cell phones, the story did not read at all dated to me. I admit having difficulty connecting to the story at first due to the different time lines, but once it got to"present day", I was completely sucked in. The author gives multiple perspectives which let you know just what everyone is thinking.

The characters were well written and very believable. The different personalities were so complex. The villains were especially well done. The story was small town politics at its worst. It surprised me at every turn. Just when I would think I had something figured out, I discovered I didn't. I really enjoyed the twists and turns and the ultimate redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment