Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Guardian by Anna Del Mar

I've read quite a few of Anna Del Mar's books, both this series and others. I almost skipped this one since I'm not typically a fan of what I call destination novels. I thought the setting might detract from my enjoyment of the story, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Even if I hadn't read that Ms. Del Mar had actually traveled to Africa, out would have been evident from her vivid descriptions. I know the romantic suspense genre gets a bad rap sometimes, but there are actually many RS authors out there who take time to research their subject or setting and to create an exciting work of fiction which also makes you think about issues you might have never previously considered or might have pushed to the back of your mind. The best authors weaver those aspects seamlessly into the story without distracting you from the thrill of the suspense and the sizzling sexual tension. Such is the case with this book.  The action started right off the bat, and the chemistry that took a bit of time to fully develop was evident in the sparks between Jade and Matthias from the start. These two kick butt alphas shouldn't really mesh, but they do. Both are stubborn, and both are infinitely capable.  Matthias is absolutely beyond sexy. When they are both thrown into the midst of the most dangerous situation possible, it's anyone's guess what might happen. All said, I really couldn't put this down. I consumed it today within hours and absolutely loved it. Bibi the elephant was a particular favorite. I can't wait to get Sarah and Rem's story.

I received an ARC from Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment