Saturday, February 20, 2016

Reckless Heat by Lynne Raye Harris

Though I was afraid it would be a little weird going back again to before the beginning of the series, I couldn't resist giving it a try since I've loved all the other HOT books. The story takes us back to the late teenage years of Matt and Evie from HOT Pursuit (book one). If you've read book one, you already know the basics that Matt was Evie's best friend who ended up being her "first" then ditching her. This quick novella digs deeper and shows who Matt and Evie were back then and what their family situations were like and how their friendship had developed from childhood and turned to something deeper. You learn about why Evie offered herself to Matt and why he risked their friendship to take her up on her offer then leave her.

I enjoyed reconnecting with this couple so much that I ended up going back and reading HOT Pursuit again just minutes after finishing Reckless Heat. It was a great little addition to the HOT series.

I received an ARC from the author for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment