Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blackness Within by Norma Jeanne Karlsson

Can I just start by saying, Wow! I totally didn't expect this book! I spotted it on Net Galley as a newly added book available for request. I though it sounded interesting but was afraid to request it since it was book 5 in a series. I checked out the series and decided to try the first book. I was completely hooked and read the first four books this past weekend. I should probably say devoured rather than read, because that's what I truly did. Every single book had aspects which really threw me for a loop. Personally, I love that in a book. So, when I finally requested a copy of this book on Net Galley, I expected to be shocked...only I wasn't just shocked.  I was completely floored. This book took this series to a whole different emotional level. I actually found myself so invested in Natasha's trauma that it affected my day. Crazy, I know, but wow! The author took some big risks with the direction she took in this story. It was hard to know at any given point who was good and who wasn't. I would love to give a full synopsis of the storyline, but I'm just not sure how to do it justice without spoilers. I will just say to the brave at heart, read this series in order, and don't miss this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment