Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Curse Defiers by Denise Grover Swank

Man, I love this author. She mixes me up and throws my emotions all over the place in both this series and the Rose Gardner series. I am totally addicted. Sometimes I dread where she is going to take me, but I just can't help but read anyway. I have been anxiously awaiting the release of this book and was thrilled when I was offered an advance copy through Net Galley. As soon as I started reading, I was drawn back into the world of the curse. The action begins right off and never lets up. Ellie has to make so many hard choices and take several huge risks in this story. I found myself stressed enough to be whispering, " No! No! No!" at the book several times. Both David and Collin are featured prominently in this episode of the story although I won't spoil things by telling exactly how. I will say Ellie's love for one grows exponentially while her relationship with the other deepens but changes radically. The addition of a new helper/guardian for Ellie in the form of Tsagasi, a not quite fairy, makes things more interesting and adds some amusing dialog along the way. All the usual gods, demons, and a few new ghosts and creatures make appearances with Ahone and Okeus still battling for control of Ellie. This book was all about choosing sides...or choosing not to. I absolutely loved this book. It was the best of the series by far in my opinion. I hate to see this trilogy end, but I am glad the author leaves us by letting us know the story isn't over, but it is only just beginning. Hmmmmm.....I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment