Saturday, May 30, 2015

Midnight Secrets by Lisa Marie Rice

I haven't read any of the other books in this series, but when I had the opportunity through Net Galley to read an advance copy of this story, I was hooked by the description. Once I started reading, I was immediately intrigued by the portrayal of two broken characters. One was pushing himself and healing, but the other was overwhelmed by grief and couldn't seem to get back on her feet. Despite his injuries, Joe has been looking out for Isabel both with and without her knowledge. She allows it but keeps herself isolated and distant. Isabel has a big secret. She has changed her name and hidden, but someone knows who she is and is just waiting to strike if her memories begin to return. Once Joe and the security team he had been hired to work for discover the truth, they pull out all the stops to help Isabel and maybe even save the nation in the process. The chemistry was great in this story. I also loved how Isabel regained her personality and her courage. The secondary characters were well written and had enough depth to have me adding this whole series to my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment