Friday, May 22, 2015

Treasured by Thursday by Catherine Bybee

This is the final book in the Weekday Brides series, and I am really hating that fact. I have enjoyed every book in this series and literally squealed with excitement when I was able to get an advance copy of Treasured by Thursday from Net Galley. Gabi was such a great character. I felt such sympathy for her in the last book and curiosity as to what would happen to her in the future and how she would recover. To see her on her feet working through her problems and making friends was great...until Hunter threatened it all. He was completely ruthless in his hostile takeover of Gabi's life. How she handled him was masterful. I loved all the little barbs and death wishes she threw Hunter's way and his pithy responses. Hunter grew on me quickly despite his less than honorable beginnings. He also grew on Gabi despite her efforts to keep him at a distance.  As the couple fights a losing battle to resist their obvious chemistry, secrets they have both kept closely held begin to unravel and threaten not only their fledgling relationship but also Gabi's life. Hunter increases security and begins to realize how much he actually has to lose if anyone gets to Gabi.

All my favorite characters from the previous novels step up throughout the story to confront Hunter and protect Gabi. Overall, this was probably my favorite book in the series. I've already gone back and re-read my bookmarked sections a couple of times and wished this wasn't the last of the Weekday Brides. I certainly hope a new suspenseful series is in the works and can't wait to read whatever Catherine Bybee writes next.

3 comments:

  1. You are so welcome! Please keep writing in this suspenseful style. I know so many people (including myself, of course)who are addicted to this series. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! Please keep writing in this suspenseful style. I know so many people (including myself, of course)who are addicted to this series. :-)

    ReplyDelete