Saturday, May 9, 2015

Thirty-four and a Half Predicaments by Denise Grover Swank

When I read the first book in this series, I immediately fell in love with Rose. There was just something about her that drew me, and I couldn't put the story down. Rose is such a tragic heroine. She is so pure and good that you might wish you were like her, but so many things go wrong for her that you would never want to be stuck in her life. She is kind of like a magnet that pulls the good out in other people and inspires them. I enjoyed the first story so much that I emailed the author. She was kind and down to earth enough to email back and forth with me and send me a copy of one of her other books. For that, I am totally a fan. (Her Curse Keepers series is also a fave of mine.)

So, back to this book. Things are really heating up in Henrietta. Rose and Neely Kate decide to find out who Rose's biological father really was. The investigation only leads to more questions rather than the answers she seeks. Unfortunately, the new questions seem to place Rose in even more danger. Mason is also digging into something big but keeps Rose out of the loop. It also appears he is working with Joe on his new project. Skeeter is also still in the picture, and his deal with Rose for The Lady in Black undergoes some adaptations when Skeeter realizes just how dangerous Rose's life and investigative activities can be. Despite supposedly having Joe, Bruce Wayne, Mason, Skeeter, Jed, Neely Kate, Maeve, and Violet all looking out for her, dangerous trouble finds her in the end....and what an end it was! Wow! I really didn't see that coming! Although one of my favorite things about this series is never being able to predict where it is going to go or what is going to happen, I still can't believe that ending. Whew! If book eight released tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment