Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Marriage Contract by Katee Robert

I was totally blow away by this book! I had never heard of this author and had no idea what to expect when I requested a copy of this book from Net Galley. I just knew that I was drawn to the cover, and the description sounded interesting. As soon as I stated reading it, I was sucked in. Three main crime families are vying for territory after the sudden death of one family's young heir. Callie's father makes the decision that as his only remaining heir, she must marry the heir of one of the other families. Callie is resigned to doing her duty in order to bring protection to the people under her family's umbrella, but her intended fiance has a dangerous reputation and has been avoiding her. When Callie tries to intercept her fiance covertly, nothing goes as planned, and all hell breaks loose. As a result, Callie arrives at a dinner party to find herself engaged without her knowledge to the second son of the third family, Teague.

Attraction between the couple is instant. Teague's protective instincts are engaged, but Callie is hiding a huge secret with the potential to destroy both of their families. Not surprisingly, she's not the only one with a dangerous secret. Teague has one of his own, and his secret just might have the power to save them...if it doesn't destroy them first.

This story had wonderful characters, both good and bad. The dynamics within the different families and their interactions with one another were intricate and so well written. The two secrets kept the suspense high, and the threatening war between the families kept the action ongoing. The story was dark, intense, passionate, and left me wanting more. I can't wait for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment