Monday, June 29, 2015

Tough Love by Lori Foster

This book is the third installment in the Ultimate series. Though I was unfamiliar with the author and had not read the first two books, I thought the description on Net Galley sounded interesting and was excited when they granted me an ARC for review. In my opinion, the book was even better than the description led me to believe.

This series is focused around a group of fighters. Stack is one of the more unapproachable. That doesn't stop Vanity from wanting him or coming up with a plan to have him. She propositions Stack for a friends with benefits type relationship in hopes it will lead to more if he doesn't feel the typical relationship pressure. What she doesn't know is that Stack already had an interest in her. She thinks he only wants her for sex and is surprised when he sticks around even when their first "encounter" is delayed. Vanity even ends up inadvertently pulled into some of Stack's family drama. Not having a family of her own, Vanity does everything she can to hang on to the tenuous family connection by helping in the only way she knows how. Unfortunately Stack doesn't view her actions as help. When the family drama results in danger for both Vanity and Stack, Stack steps up despite his frustration with Vanity.

I loved the characters in this story so much that I now need to go back and read the first couple of books. I've already added them to my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment