Monday, September 26, 2016

Deep Under by Lisa Renee Jones

I read and loved the first three books in this series and loved them. The three Walker brothers and the people they have surrounded themselves with have sucked me in. So, while I will agree that this can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading the series in order. It adds so much to this story to have the full background.

I love how Lisa Renee Jones creates characters who are nowhere close to perfect but yet perfect for each other. Kyle was one of my favorite characters in the last book. He was funny and yet tough at the same time. As he helped his friend search for a missing woman, he fell in love with her in the process before they even met. When an odd stroke of fate lands him as her bodyguard, he can hardly believe his luck.

Myla trusts no one but herself. She can't afford to. More lives are on the line than just hers. She wants to believe Kyle is as good as he appears, but that's not been her experience in the past. She sees herself as damaged and has no problem sacrificing herself if it will save others. She will save Kyle too before she lets him get hurt for her.

This was my favorite story  the series so far, mainly because of Myla. She was a captive, yet she maintained an inner strength and a will to survive. Overall, it was a wonderful story.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment