Saturday, December 31, 2016

Kill Without Shame by Alexandra Ivy

The first book in this series was my first experience with Alexandra Ivy. I decided then that it wouldn't be my last. I was so happy when I was able to get an ARC of this book from Net Galley. I honestly loved it as much as the first one. Unexpected reunions are some of my favorite storylines. Lucas and Mia haven't seen each other in years. The fault primarily lies with Lucas, and the way he handled things wasn't pretty. He realized his mistake shortly after making it and has secretly looked out for Mia ever since. Mia's life has never been easy, now someone may be out to hurt her, and the man who hurt her the worst has barged into her life.

Lucas knows now that he is back in Mia's life, he's never leaving. Mia, however, doesn't trust him at all. She realizes she needs his help, but hasn't figured out that she still holds his heart.  She doesn't go easy on Lucas, but he's determined. I enjoyed watching them find their way back together.

The suspense was well designed, and even though you pretty much guess who the villain is, the motivation is harder to figure out. On the romance end, I loved Lucas, mostly because he realized he was wrong and was ready to go the distance to make it right. I can't wait for book three!

No comments:

Post a Comment