Thursday, December 31, 2015

HOT Protector by Lynne Raye Harris



I chose Lynn Raye Harris for my last book of 2015. I wanted to go out with a bang, and I knew she would get the job done with the newest HOT addition. This series is always dependable for sexy action and suspense with an interesting subplot trailing throughout. All the hot HOT guys combined with the newly introduced SEALS and the enigmatic Ian Black (yum!) are just icing on the cake.

Okay, so I'm going to start by saying that I really didn't like this cover to start with. It just came across too harsh to me until I started getting to know Chase in this story. Harsh is exactly how I would describe Chase. He is gruff, crude, foul mouthed, and ill tempered. He is also Sophie's very estranged step brother. When Sophie finds herself in danger with only minutes to decide where to turn, Chase seems like her only option. The only problem is that Chase doesn't believe her and doesn't want anything to do with her...at least until he becomes the victim of an attack targeting her. The two end up on the run together taking help from Chase's teammates as they can. Sophie is a super sweet people pleaser with generous proportions and a curvy figure. She is way too sweet and innocent for Chase, and he more than knows it. It doesn't stop him from lusting after her awesome curves or throwing verbal barbs at her to give himself some distance all while racing to get the evidence they need to make Sophie safe again. Though I couldn't think of a less likely pairing than Chase and Sophie, the longer they're together, the more they end up liking about each other. Their desire ramps up along with the danger, but in the end the two will only survive if Sophie can move beyond her people pleasing and Chase can admit to his softer feelings.

As always, I enjoyed this HOT story. I liked harsh Chase more than I expected to, and I was thrilled to read that Sophie was a curvy voluptuous woman. Her realistic struggles with foods and her self image make her so easy to identify with. The way Chase makes her feel during their intimate moments is what every woman needs to experience. I'm thrilled to make this my last book of the year.

I received an ARC from the publisher for review. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment