Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Known by Kendra Elliot


Okay, so I read the first book in this series, didn't love the style of it, and assumed I wouldn't like this author. I recently was given the opportunity to read her collaborative series, Rogue River, and her Callahan and McLane series. I totally enjoyed them both, so when an opportunity to read this book came my way, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. The story was suspenseful and action oriented from the start. The chemistry between Chris and Gianna was instant but thankfully not "instalove". Gianna was a spunky independent character and the perfect foil for Chris's ingrained loner tendencies. Both Gianna and Chris were single parents, and Gianna's teenage daughter was caught in the middle of all the danger. I especially liked how Chris made the teen feel secure and safe while remaining very circumspect and honorable with her.

The story in a nutshell starts when Chris finds Gianna stranded and unconscious in a snowstorm being cared for by her panicky daughter. With no other options available, Chris takes them to his cabin nearby to wait out the snow. In the meantime, both Chris and Gianna suspect foul play and prepare for the worst. As they face the danger head-on, the two discover how well matched they are and form an unbreakable connection. With danger stemming from secrets in both their pasts, there is no shortage of suspenseful action and plot twists.

I think I'm going to have to go back and check out the books I've missed in this series. I'm glad Net Galley offered me a copy of this book for review!

No comments:

Post a Comment