Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Mug Shot by Caroline Fardig

While I enjoyed the first book in this series, this one was so much better in my opinion. It moved faster and was less focused on background information. I do want to say that I wouldn't consider this a standalone. Read book one.  I found Juliet to be funny in a snarky sort of way in book one, but she kicks it up a notch here. When the story begins, Juliet is still single after her breakup with Ryder, and Pete still has his snooty girlfriend. Life is just rocking along until Juliet stumbles onto the scene of Pete's girlfriend's murder. Juliet determines not to get herself in trouble again by trying to "help" the investigation, but when Pete is arrested as the prime suspect, she can't help getting involved. Both Pete and Ryder try to appeal to her sense of logic and need for safety, but emotions win out, and Juliet jumps in with both feet. Ryder refuses to leave her unprotected, and that leads to a renewed relationship. Juliet also has strong feelings for Pete and has been going out with someone else. Not only does the story keep you guessing about the killer's identity but also about who will end up with Juliet's heart.

This one had more romantic elements than the last, and leaned more toward the guy I favor. I'm interested to see where things go from here.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment