Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wrong Place, Right Time, by Elle Casey

This book was so funny! I totally loved book one, but I'm pretty sure I liked this one even better. I was seriously laughing out loud, and that is rare. The best thing is that not only was it completely amusing, but it also had a sweet plot with great characters. I got hooked on the Bourbon Street Boys immediately in book one. They were all so different, but I liked them all, even surly Toni. Dev played a big part in book one training May. He gets his own story here with May's sister, Jenny. Both Dev and Jenny are single parents with quirky personalities and an innate self doubt that keeps them unsure about relationships. They falter their way through several awkward encounters sprinkled with some super sweet moments. Jenny is going through a very tumultuous time in her life, and Dev quickly becomes an anchor for her. Starting a new job with the The Bourbon Street Boys also makes her life more interesting though uncomfortably unpredictable.

I enjoyed watching this relationship unfold and also learning more about Lucky. Being inside Jenny's head was a hilarious riot. I absolutely cannot wait to check out the next book. In addition, I think the covers are perfect for this series. I hope the next story is Lucky.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment