Saturday, May 26, 2018

Her Last Word by Mary Burton

Though I have to say I didn't like the format of short chapters jumping back and forth in time, I enjoyed the storyline. I have been a fan of Mary Burton for several years, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. Kaitlin came off as pretty hard at first. She had finally decided she couldn't live with herself until she went back to the site of her worst nightmare and discovered the truth of what really happened. No one was happy about her return, and her first interaction with Detective Adler isn't exactly positive. In fact, most of her interactions don't go well. Her determination never wanes, and eventually Adler finds himself more interested in helping Kaitlin than investigating her and even finds himself feeling protective toward her, not that she plans to wait for protection. This time she won't run away. She's ready to finally face the killer.

The story kept a good pace with plenty of Mary Burton suspense laced with a tinge of romance.

Net Galley provided an ARC for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment