Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Deep and Dark December by Beth Yarnall

This was a new author for me, and I really didn't know what to expect. I was still a little uncertain after the first chapter, but then the story really picked up. Both Erin and Graham grew up in a very small town where everybody knows everybody and gossip runs rampant. Graham was the town golden boy who left for the big city but had come back to take over the sheriff position from his sick father. Erin comes from a family of outcasts known to have strange abilities. When one of Graham's old friends kills himself after possibly murdering his wife, Erin is a witness. She and Graham end up working together to find the answers after Graham discovers the truth about Erin's special ability. Soon, it begins to seem like everything in this peaceful little town has gone crazy. The murderer uses his own ability to convince people to do things they wouldn't ordinarily, and crime becomes rampant. As Graham and Erin grow closer, the killer works harder art keeping them apart. Eventually, Erin makes a decision which brings everything to a head and puts her life in peril. Everything comes down to Erin, Graham, and the killer.

I enjoyed the story and the paranormal aspects. Graham and Erin had great chemistry, and I was close to the end before I could be certain who the killer was and how he was operating. I thought it was an interesting story. I appreciate Net Galley providing a copy for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment