Monday, April 13, 2015

No Woman Left Behind by Julie Moffett

This story was book 6 in the Lexi Carmichael series. I have loved the series from the beginning and recommended it to several friends. I was beyond thrilled when Net Galley provided me with an early copy for review. After reading the story, I'd have to say it was my favorite so far. Book 6 features the cyber terrorist who managed to escape in book 5. He is out for revenge, and although Lexi isn't his only target, she is his main focus. Having learned a good bit about Lexi's personality and skills, he has designed a macabre game for her to play in order to protect those she loves.

Lexi's relationship with Slash undergoes some emotional ups and downs, but their chemistry never wanes. Slash is the ultimate sexy mystery man with the ultimate accent as an added benefit. Lexi grows and changes a lot in this book. Don't get me wrong, she's still the hilariously geeky, klutzy, and completely literal girl she always was, but she gains more depth and connections. The storyline was full of suspense, action, and definitely humor. My whole family was laughing at me as I couldn't help laughing out loud at Lexi's misadventures with a certain " handle". It really was too funny! I can't wait to see what kind of craziness Lexi might stumble into next. I love that she is such a totally out of the normal suspense heroine box character. She makes this series stand out among all the other series I read. This was a great addition to a great series.


No comments:

Post a Comment