Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fighting for Keeps by Seleste deLaney

This is the third book in a series which I must admit I have not read. It certainly didn't hinder my enjoyment of the book since I didn't even notice that it was book 3 until after I finished it. I liked this story of two prickly characters haunted by past decisions who are thrown together suddenly and then tasked with a near impossible job. Both Finn and Jodi were moody and difficult to partner with. They were attracted to each other, but more sparks were flying due to their tempers than their chemistry at first. The longer they worked together the more their barriers against each other started to come down. Finn realized his feelings toward Jodi before she was willing to admit her own. The story had plenty of suspense and action and bedroom adventures. I did feel like the ending was a bit too cut and dried and abrupt for my taste. It seemed to leave out some of the details behind why and how this person committed the crimes he/she did. Since it is a series, I figure it is likely more will come out about the plot later. Overall, it was an enjoyable read.

Net Galley provided a copy for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment