Saturday, April 18, 2015

Colton Cowboy Protector by Beth Cornelison

I'm going to start off with my least favorite aspects. I really didn't like the cover, and I thought the title was cheesy. These two things almost kept me from trying the book, but the preview sounded good so I grabbed it anyway. I'm glad I did, because the writing was so much better than the title or cover would indicate. I enjoyed the big family of one sister with several brothers. Obviously, many of these will get their own book later since a few threads were left unraveled at the end of this story. Jack and Tracy were the focus of this book. Tracy has come to town months after the death of her abusive husband and the death of her cousin. Tracy's cousin left a son who Tracy is desperate to know. Seth is the little boy, and Jack is his highly suspicious and prickly father. Jack's family accepts Tracy before he does. A string of mishaps convinces Jack that trouble has followed Tracy to town. She has no idea why anyone would be after her but doesn't want to put the family, especially Seth, in harm's way. Though she tries to leave, Jack won't hear of it. In the end, it takes both of them working together to keep each other safe.

I really liked the cowboy type ranch setting and the easygoing close family. Seth was adorable. I'm interested in reading more of the series to find out what else is going on behind the scenes with this family.

Net Galley provided a copy of this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment