Saturday, January 9, 2016

Atone by Beth Yarnall


I started this book new to this author and new to this series. This story easily worked as a standalone with a well developed plot and interesting characters. As for categorizing this story, I couldn't even begin to decide. At times it read like a young adult book because of the characters' apparent ages and lack of typical life experiences, but the darkness of the subject matter, the language, and the intense sexual interactions suggest more maturity. It is suspenseful and had dramatic action at times, but it really felt like it was more about the emotional redemption of both Vera and Beau. They saved each other in more ways than one. This is definitely not a story for the faint of heart, but if you gravitate toward the darker side it could be the book for you. I won't say I enjoyed this story because it just isn't that style of story, but I was emotionally invested and hooked in.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment