Saturday, January 23, 2016

Ravaged River by Lindsay Cross

Oh my gosh! Holy cow! This story blew me away. I love love love this series, and I have been dying to get Hoyt's story. He has been awesome from the start, but I couldn't believe what he ended up going through. It changed him so much, but it didn't change his love for Hayden. His willingness to do whatever is necessary to keep her safe is the backbone of this story. Hoyt is changed. He is not the same man and never will be again.  Hayden doesn't care. He stood by her through the worst crisis of her life, and she trusts him more than he trusts himself.  She also still wants him, hard edges and all.

When terrorists are discovered embedded near their hometown and very close to Hayden, Hoyt isn't leaving her safety to anyone else. Hayden has her own ideas about her safety and some conflicts with the direction of the investigation. She determines to find some answers on her own and is as determined to dig as Hoyt is determined to keep her far away from everything. In the end, he will have to not only trust Hayden but also find a way to trust himself in order to save her.

This was the best book in this series yet, and that's saying a lot since I love them all. I hope wee keep getting more Men of Mercy for a long time to come!

I received an ARC from the author for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment