Monday, January 18, 2016

His Light in the Dark by L.A. Fiore


I wanted to read this book because I loved Beautifully Damaged and Beautifully Forgotten by this author. They were both deeply emotional, and this book was as well. His Light in the Dark takes the reader all the way through from the very beginning of Mia and Cole. I liked reading the characters' beginnings, what made them the adults they became. The author took plenty of time to let the characters develop. Mia is caring, loyal, and completely courageous. Cole is stoic but definitely a case of still waters running deep. They both have a strong sense of family and a determination to protect the ones they love.

Without giving away the whole storyline, I will say that from beginning to end Mia and Cole face so many challenges. Emotions run from poignant to happy to sad to angry to just plain overwhelmed. I rarely get teary when reading, but I was on the verge of both happy and sad years at times during this story. It was seriously intense with such a great sense of family, both blood and chosen. I was completely hooked in and totally invested in this story. It was amazing!

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment