Saturday, March 5, 2016

Deep Dark by Laura Griffin

I have read every book in the Tracers series, so I had no doubt I would like this book. I was, however, surprised to discover how much I absolutely loved it. I was totally hooked in from the beginning and got so frustrated when my busy life made me have to leave the story for several hours. The irony of the older, gruff, set in his ways Reed falling for the much younger spunky compute hacker Laney was perfect. Since I grew up with parents eleven years apart in age, the storyline really appealed to me. Laney need the patient consistency which came with Reed's experience while he needed the fire and boldness Laney only let out with him. They were a great couple.

On the suspense side, Laney may know more than she's telling about a recent string of murders, and Red knows she's hiding something important.  He doesn't let that keep him away from her, but he does keep a more vigilant eye on her for her protection. Laney knows deep down that the killer may view her as the ultimate prize, but sharing that information might get her pulled from the case. She just isn't willing to risk anything going wrong. The only problem is whether or not she will tell Reed enough to help him save her when the killer comes.

Obviously, this was my favorite book in the series so far. I was thrilled to receive an ARC from Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment