Monday, March 7, 2016

Jacob by Kris Michaels

I grabbed this book as a freebie and put it in my to be read collection for later. I finally got around to giving it a try and was completely surprised by how much I loved it. As soon as I finished it, I immediately bought the next two books in the series without even reading their descriptions.  I adore military style romantic suspense, and this book gave me just what I like. Guardian is a worldwide contractor of security services. Jacob is the leader of the agency's premier covert team. He disobey mission protocol in order to save a captive American woman who had been tortured beyond recognition. In the course of the rescue flight, he works to keep her calm and ends up making a date to meet her in one year. Once the two reconnect, the chemistry is irresistible. Through her, Jacob is also able to make some connections which are beneficial for his team and the company. Just as things begin to get really serious between the couple, one of Jacob's brothers is captured overseas and his team is tapped for the rescue. He will have to risk his future with Tori in order to ensure his brother gets to return home alive.

The story gets very emotional and tense at times. It is also super sexy and full of great characters I quickly fell in love with. I can't wait to read the next books!

No comments:

Post a Comment