Sunday, January 8, 2017

Wyatt the Heartbreaker by Blue Saffire

This was my first book by Blue Saffire.  I didn't love the cover, and the author's pseudonym had me worried this might be flat out erotica with little substance, but the description convinced me to give it a try. I'm glad. I really liked the Black brothers. They had a great family dynamic with an enviable closeness. Wyatt was the brother with the reputation of being a bit of a player, a heartbreaker. He hated the reputation. Though he certainly didn't have long term relationships and had no problems with no strings  attached sex, he was always careful to make sure expectations were clear up front in order not to hurt anyone. When Nellie shows up on Wyatt's radar, he is overwhelmed. Suddenly his thoughts are on things more permanent, but Nellie is aware of his reputation and unwilling to be another notch on his bedpost. He has no idea how to convince her he is serious about her.

Nellie had had a crush on Wyatt since they were young, but right now she has more on her plate than she can handle and danger stalking her footsteps. She doesn't want everyone going into overprotective mode, so she's keeping it to herself. She knows Wyatt suspects, but thinks she has it handled. When Wyatt does figure it all out, he becomes a rock of strength for her and an all out protector.

I really liked the characters in this story and definitely need to read more about the rest of these brothers.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment