Sunday, May 7, 2017

Burn by Dawn Altieri

Although I had never read this author before, I requested an ARC of this novel from Net Galley primarily because Entangled is one of my favorite publishers. I tend to greatly prefer their Ignite series over the Select Suspense, but the description for this story sounded interesting. Chloe and Ryan are the main couple. They meet because Ryan is training to be a fire investigator while currently working as a fire fighter. Chloe is a person of interest in a fire investigation. They kind of immediately click, and Ryan decides to pursue Chloe. This was probably not the best decision career wise, but oh well, it's fiction. There are several ups and downs in their relationship, and Chloe can sometimes give off mixed signals, but it did hold my interest, and the villain revealed at the end was not anyone I suspected. Since I like a good surprise ending, I was pretty happy. Overall, it had a good bit of suspense, a little action, a lot of relationship drama, and plenty of chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment