Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Forbidden Promises by Katee Robert


I've been excited for this book for a while, ever since Sloan ran away in the last book. I was curious to find out who this neighbor was. All I can say is, Wow! I couldn't have dreamed up a better story. Mousy timid Sloan ends up with the big rude bully Jude next door. You might think this is the worst thing that could ever happen to her, but it turns out just the opposite. Jude's selfish rude behavior actually flips a switch somewhere in Sloan, and suddenly she's angry. She's tired of being controlled and treated as though she doesn't matter. She lets loose, and oddly enough, Jude likes it. He doesn't want to, but he does.

Jude is only in town to complete a job, and his job may bring danger to Sloan. It leaves him strangely conflicted. The feeling gets worse the closer he gets to Sloan. Of course once they each discover the other's true identity, their fate is pretty much sealed. There is nothing to do but prepare for the danger that is surely coming from multiple fronts.

I definitely don't recommend taking this as a standalone. It's possible, but there are so many family dynamics you really need to understand first. The other series books are amazing anyway, so why skip them. I did love this one. Jude was a very bad guy, and his only soft spot was the one Sloan carved for herself. He was bossy and domineering, but he knew exactly what Sloan needed and provided it. Their chemistry was so sexy and consuming, and I really loved them both as characters. I can't wait to see what happens next in this family!

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment