Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Feel Me by Cecy Robson


Having never read any of the other books in this series or even this author before, I had no idea what to expect and was just hoping it would be okay read as a standalone. I tend to heavily prefer suspense, which this wasn't, but the description caught my attention so I had to give it a try. 

Melissa and Declan have know each other for a while, but their interactions to this point have been less than stellar. He seems to put his foot in his mouth every time he talks to her. Now Melissa's father has paired the two of them up at work and neither of them are happy. I definitely felt like there was probably some match making going on here, because Melissa's father seemed to see the obvious chemistry between them and held a very high opinion of Declan. 

For a while these two engage in light but sometimes flirty banter. Eventually, passion overtakes them, but where is their relationship going? Melissa has a huge family problem which is draining her emotionally, and Declan's aspirations are to make it to the top, make it big. Nowhere in his plan is having a family or the fairytale concept of love. He is just not that guy even though he knows that's just the guy Melissa needs. Should they even continue? Can he love her? Can she trust him? Their journey is a long and rocky one.

One of my favorite parts of this book was Declan's loud, rowdy, and completely irreverent family. All the relationships seemed so solid though not without their difficulties. I was caught up in them enough that I added books 1-3 into my Amazon wish list as soon as I finished reading this one. I enjoyed this way more than I expected.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.

2 comments: