Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Darkest Corner by Liliana Hart


I have been a fan of Liliana Hart for a long time and have read and loved every book in her Addison Holmes and J.J. Graves series. This book is the first in a new series. Even with an author I love, I'm always just a bit hesitant going into a new series and worried that it might not measure up to their other series. I shouldn't have worried, because this one knocked it out off the park! Man, did she create some super sexy guys and the quirkiest female lead I've read in a long time. Tess was so imperfect,but that ends up being just exactly what Deacon likes best about her. He gets perverse satisfaction out of making her mad or mussing her up. It's so fun to read. Tess talks to herself, doubts herself, but she also doesn't back down when she knows she's right. Deacon isn't allowed to have relationships, but he's waited and bided his time, and even though he knows it will put Tess's life at risk, he will have her. He also won't let anyone hurt her. 

I am so excited about this new series! It is completely different from her other series I've read, but it still has the author's trademark well rounded and unique characters and sizzling chemistry. I already have a copy of book two, so I'm excited to read what all trouble Tess's friend Miller can get into.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment