Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Ominous by Lisa Jackson, Nancy Bush, and Rosalind Noonan

I had not read book one in this series, but it didn't affect my ability to get into this story. I chose it mainly because I've been a fan of Lisa Jackson's work in the past. I won't rehash the book description, except to say that it is three brief stories in one. Each of these three women ends up with her own love interest and her own part to play in solving the mystery of who attacked them and whether it is connected to the string of missing girls. I didn't really enjoy the Ruth portions. I didn't like her character, and as a counselor, I did not find her counseling dialog believable. On the other hand, I really liked Kat's and Shiloh's storylines. I would have loved more of Shiloh. The relationships between the main characters were steamy but not overly so, however the scenes with the super creepy skeevy villain were very sexually graphic. I appreciated that there were enough potential subjects that I was not able to determine who the villain was until the end. Overall I was not to bothered by the sections which frustrated me so much that I wanted to stop reading. I definitely was happy that the ending was from Kat's perspective.

Net Galley provided an ARC for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment