Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Tempting Fate by Pamela Clare

I had a hard time putting this book down. It started off exciting with great suspense and action, and then it drew you in to connect with the characters and their struggles, particularly Naomi. Pamela Clare did a great job of weaving Native culture into the story without it feeling like a gimmick to draw readers. Her writing conveyed a great respect and sense of realism which only comes from research. Once I read the author note at the end of the book, I understood where her respect originated and respected her work even more. I am not a person who thinks a real and valid point can only be made through non-fiction. While I enjoy fiction for the enjoyment and escape it gives me, I also like being challenged by a book to alter the way I think or to learn more. All that said, it was also a nice work of romance and suspense with a heavy hand toward emotional struggles and the connections of family.

This was my first book in this series though I have read a couple of the author's I- Team books. I had no problems at all reading this as a standalone though it did leave me with a curiosity which will likely have me checking out the previous books soon.

An ARC was provided by Net Galley for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment