Saturday, September 2, 2017

Shades of Gray by Vicki Hinze

I've read several Vicki Hinze books in the past, but somehow I must have missed this one. Most of the time the books available for request on Net Galley are new releases, but once I saw the author of this one, I had to request it, new or not. I'm thrilled that I did. Vicki Hinze always does a great job of creating realistically complicated characters. Laura and Jake have been married for a couple of years. They have always been best friends, but their marriage is completely platonic. Laura acts as a mother to Jake's son as he fights for custody with a vindictive ex.

Just when things in their lives seen to be taking a positive turn, Jake gets tagged for a dangerous mission and Laura is left to deal with less than optimal conditions at home. This mission though, it changes everything and makes Jake question every choice he's made. Either his wife is actually his enemy, or she needs him more than she knows.

The story had plenty of intrigue and action as well as a smoldering passion simmering just under the surface of a marriage never meant to be consummated.  I was very engrossed and hated to put it down.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment