Monday, August 28, 2017

On the Chase by Katie Ruggle

This was my first book in this series, but not my first book by this author. I enjoyed the cold isolated Colorado setting. The canine unit guys were an extremely tight knit group with very different personalities. Hugh is definitely the mischievous jokester of the bunch. He is always doing something he is not supposed to and rarely takes anything seriously, at least not until Grace. Grace brings out the best and the worst in Hugh. He can't help but rile her up because he gets such a kick out of their back-and-forth banter. Grace is completely out of her element, but Hugh makes things better, even if he also drives her crazy.

 Between the two of them, there is definitely a lot of danger to go around. Each one believes it to be their fault, but in all actuality they are both targets. The book was pretty suspenseful and had some nice action moments throughout. My favorite part, however, was the funny conversations. I like all of the secondary characters as well, and will be putting book 3 on my WishList.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment