Monday, January 8, 2018

Brazilian Surrender by Carmen Falcone


I have read all the books in this series and eagerly awaited the release of this one. Finally a book about the sister of the Duarte family. I admit I missed the Brazilian setting since this one was set in New York. Although I admired Camilla's independence and her desire to make it on her own, I did think she took the privacy issue a bit overboard and should ave let her brothers help protect her (especially since I wanted more of them in this book), but she chose her help wisely and hired Jaeger. He has the street smarts Camilla lacks. He takes her stalker seriously and starts the hunt. Jaeger is confident in his abilities, but he is not confident he can keep his distance from Camilla. He has distanced himself from everyone since he lost his wife and child years ago, and he really doesn't want the risk connections result in. Regardless, she tempts him and the chemistry is enough that they finally give in. Now Jaeger not only has to worry about Camilla's safety but also his own heart if anything happens to her.

The first book in this series remains my favorite, but I really enjoyed this one as well. ARC provided by Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment