Monday, January 8, 2018

Mine to Save by Diana Gardin


I've read one other book by this author, but not any of the other books in this series. I enjoyed my first book by Diana Gardin, and I guess I just got busy and forgot to ever go back and check out more of her work. I felt just slightly behind at first since I wasn't familiar with characters from the previous books and their histories, but I was able to easily catch up since the author blended in recap information. As for the storyline, Sayward suffers from autism which affects her social interactions. Bennett has been secretly interested in Sayward, and her boss uses that to recruit him away from a job which he has no passion for, just an obligation. AS soon as he is hired, Bennett ends up working as protection for Sayward whose brother has arrived from Columbia after years of non-contact. He wants to take her back to Columbia where her life is in danger. Her boss wants er protected on the trip, and Bennett is the man for the job.

I loved the interactions and conversations between Bennett and Sayward. Watching their relationship develop was fun. I especially loved how he called her beautiful. They had such great chemistry. The suspense and action are what typically seen me on a book, and this one was definitely not lacking. I'm ready to go back and read the previous books in this series so I will be caught up when the next one comes out.

Net Galley provided an ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment