Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Love of Vengeance by Nancy Haviland

If I could give this book 10 stars, I totally would. I have been looking for a book that would absolutely suck me in and make me wish I could do nothing but read all day. This was that book! I was drawn to it because the cover caught my eye. The blurb sounded interesting, so I decided to give it a try. The story begins when Eva's mother is killed in what she believes to be an accident. Her father has never been in her life, so she is left alone. Without her knowledge, her father, who is a Russian mob boss, arranges protection for her with his close friend, Gabriel, the heir to an Italian crime family who has gone legitimate. Gabriel or one of his men shadow Eva for weeks. As he watches her, Gabe begins to develop a forbidden attraction to Eva, despite her position as his powerful friend's daughter. When he actually meets Eva in person, the chemistry is immediate on both sides. Even though he has his hands full protecting Eva from danger on a couple of different sides, he still manages to make time to act on his attraction. Unfortunately, Eva is still in the dark in many ways. Eventually, the you know what hits the fan and all manner of chaos ensues.

This story featured an amazingly sexy, protective, caring but alpha anti-hero and an intelligent feisty loyal heroine. I almost couldn't bear to put this story down. The secondary characters were also well rounded and absolutely engrossing (lots of sexy Russian and Italian mob men and super hot bikers). I cannot wait for more of this series!

I am so excited Net Galley provided an advance copy of this book for review!

No comments:

Post a Comment