Sunday, November 30, 2014

Vanished by Elizabeth Heiter

Although I have not read the first book in this series, I did read Disarming Detective which is somewhat connected to this series. I loved it and enjoyed reading another book about profilers. The story was creepy and wonderfully convoluted. Evelyn get a chance to finally track down the killer who kidnapped her best friend as a child and left her behind. She throws herself into the investigation, but her tendency to go off half cocked, so to speak, gets her in trouble. Kyle, an agent in a different FBI division, has been interested in Evelyn for a while but only recently made that interest known. Kyle is temporarily on another assignment in the same town as Evelyn. He ends up stepping in on occasion for physical and emotional support. I tend to need a touch of romance in my suspense, and the relationship between Kyle and Evelyn did the trick. It was certainly no hot and steamy type of thing, but more deeply emotional. The main focus of the book was the mystery and the suspense surrounding it. I had my villains pegged pretty early in the story and ended up half right and half wrong. It was nice to be wrong. I love when things are a bit unpredictable. This was definitely a well plotted and interesting mystery. I can't wait to read the next book and see what direction Evelyn takes.

Net Galley provided a copy of this novel for honest review:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment