Saturday, November 8, 2014

Twisted Innocence by Terri Blackstock

I have been a fan of Terri Blackstock for a very long time. I loved her Newpointe 911 series and her SunCoast Chronicles series especially. I couldn't really get into her Restorations series, so it had been a long time since I had read anything by her. This particular book is part of a series. While I think having read the previous books would have definitely allowed me to have had a better connection to some of the characters,I had no trouble getting right into this story. Holly and Creed read as very young characters. They had both made many mistakes in their pats and were still trying to win back the trust of their families. When baby Lily is thrown into the mix, things are even more complicated. As Creed tries to turn over a new leaf, the people he was running with turn on him and frame him for a murder. He sees Holly as his only hope and draws her into all of the trouble. This story had many different subplots going on at the same time and is really all about family, loyalty, and faith. Terri Blackstock has a was of unrepentantly but seamlessly weaving faith into the characters'everyday lives without trying to ignore the fact that they are flawed despite their faith. The characters come across very real and honest. I enjoyed getting back into this author.

Net Galley provided a copy of this book for honest review:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment