Saturday, July 18, 2015

Exposing the Heiress by Jennifer Apodaca

Although I haven't read any of the previous books in this series or even any other books by this author, I really enjoyed this story and didn't feel lost or behind at all. I did, however, add the previous books in the series to my wish list.

Alyssa and Hunt had known each other for years, since Alyssa was six years old and helping pester her best friend's older brother. All grown up now and in need of protection for both herself and a secret no one is ever supposed to know, Alyssa's first and only choice for help is Hunt. Hunt served as a Marine sniper and is now working in personal security. He remembers Alyssa fondly and is determined to help her. What he didn't count on is the undeniable attraction he feels for the adult version of the fourteen year old who had a crush on him. Between the two of them, secrets and scars abound, but slowly they find they can begin to trust and help heal each other. Unfortunately, Alyssa's ex is obsessed and doesn't care who he has to hurt in order to get her back. Hunt and the Once A Marine team have their work cut out for them protecting those important to Alyssa and trying to avoid the massive media smear campaign that is adding to the danger. In the end, the darkness Hunt is trying to shield Alyssa from may be the only tool he has to save her.

I have to say that I loved both of these main characters. They were so honest and blunt with each other. I also adored all of Hunt's little endearment for Alyssa. He handled her with such care, and Alyssa soaked it up like a sponge. The story was believable and had plenty of action and suspense to keep me reading until late at night to finish.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment