Friday, July 17, 2015

Taking Control by Jen Frederick

This book picks up right where book one, Losing Control, left off. If you haven't read book one, I strongly recommend you do so before reading this story. As with book one, Taking Control has underwent some revisions. It was actually released last year (2014), but the edition I received as an ARC from Net Galley is new and scheduled for release in August. I absolutely adored Tiny and Ian, so I really couldn't wait to get into this story.

Finally, Tiny is a little more secure about Ian's feelings, although doubts do surface at times. She is working a job that is safer than her bike job, but she doesn't enjoy it. Secretly, she still wants to help Ian with his revenge and begins trying to gather evidence on her own. Ian, on the other hand, is almost ready to give up his vengeance in order to keep Tiny safe. As the depth and seriousness of their relationship becomes more public knowledge, Ian fears his enemies will use Tiny against him. At the same time, her former step brother and step father are still hovering with intentions that leave Ian suspicious. Between problems within his company and worries about Tiny, Ian is getting hit from all sides. Luckily, he has great friends like Steve, Kaga, and Jake who are always there to help him out and back him up. I will be so thrilled if these guys end up with their own stories.

As with book one, I totally loved the characters. For me, this book started off a bit slower with more romance and lots of sex. I'm kinda of an action suspense junky myself, so I was happier once that angle began to take off. Overall, it was a great story, and this duo of books had me adding Jen Frederick to my list of favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment