Monday, July 27, 2015

You Are Mine by Jackie Ashenden

Having never read this author or the first two books in this series, I had no idea what to expect.  I only knew that the cover caught my eye immediately and the desktop portion sounded interesting. When I was offered an ARC from Net Galley, I jumped on the chance to give this book a try. I'm glad I did. I now have a desire to go back and read the first two books. They are already in my wish list.

So, Zac and Eva, what a couple! Zach was all dark and broody but overprotective. Eva was fierce on the outside but frightened on the inside. Zac was her lifeline. He saved her years ago, but she had kept him at a distance due to her fears and insecurities. As the man who kidnapped her and held her captive years ago resurfaces and taunts her and her friends. Zac decides her can't protect her without working to demolish the barriers she has placed between the two of them. Eva feels safe within her neurosis. She loves Zac but fears letting go would ruin the friendship she can't live without

The story had tons of emotional ups and downs. It was like a full out roller coaster. It was very steamy and had light BDSM elements. It read well as a standalone and had plenty of mystery, suspense, and action. I'm ready to get started on books 1 and two.

No comments:

Post a Comment