Friday, July 10, 2015

The Hidden by Heather Graham

This book is part of a fairly large series called The Krewe of Hunters. I had read one of the books in this series a long time ago and really enjoyed it. I tend to read at least a book per day, so even though I planned to read more of this series, I had unfortunately forgotten the name of the series and the author by the time I remembered to check them out. Recently, I have tried a few other paranormal type series trying to find this one with no success. Thankfully, I spotted this book on Net Galley. As soon as I read the title, I knew this was what I'd been looking for and requested the book. I was so happy to get the ARC for review!

The Krewe of Hunters is a special FBI division with lots of special funding and leeway to investigate crimes with a paranormal type element. Diego's best friend and partner in the FBI has just joined the Krewe and issued an invitation to Diego. He is wavering about the decision until his ex-wife (whom he is still in love with) calls desperate for his help. He makes a snap decision to join the Krewe hoping their resources will get him to Scarlet faster.

In the meantime, Scarlet is seeing ghosts. They are even appearing on her camera making her the focus of a police murder investigation. Scarlet is terrified of the ghosts, but the when the Krewe arrives, they believe the ghosts may be trying to help. Working together with the ghosts might help the Krewe solve not only the recent murders but maybe even some decades old, however, can they help save Scarlet or will Diego have to continue learning to live without her?

I enjoyed the story and the characters, especially Daniel the ghost. There were enough plot turns to keep me guessing and enough action and chemistry to keep me turning pages. I'm so glad I found this series again!

No comments:

Post a Comment