Sunday, July 12, 2015

Wanted by Dee Tenorio

I adored this book and couldn't put it down. I started it earlier this evening and stayed up late to finish. I love suspense books that have deeper emotional issues to get caught up in. I want the danger, the action, and the chemistry, but I like for the characters to seem like real people with real emotional issues. This author managed to pull all of that into this story. I was especially hooked by the best friend angle mentioned in the book's description. Whitney and Rick had been friends for most of their lives. Whitney always wanted more but never let on. Rick had always loved and protected her, but had no idea how deep his love was until he was faced with losing it.

Rick is working on law enforcement in his hometown after returning from a disastrous mission in the middle east while in the military. He has determined to rid his town of the criminal enterprises which have taken over with the help of his friend, Cade. Cade apparently had his own story, but this book was my first experience with this author. Whitney is living in fear but covering it up with smiles and kindness. Everything in this story comes to head when the subject of Whitney's nightmares is found dead, and she becomes a primary suspect.Rick is willing to risk his career to clear Whitney's name, but remains afraid to risk his heart or understand how much he truly is wanted by her.

I will definitely have to look for Cade's story now since I really liked his character in this story.

I received an ARC for review from Net Galley.


No comments:

Post a Comment