Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Men Under Fire by Jacki Delecki

This book is book 3 of the Grayce Walters series. I had not read the first two books, so I really had no idea what to expect. I simply saw the book on Net Galley and thought the description sounded interesting, so I requested a copy for review. I quickly discovered the series focuses on a pet acupuncturist clinic and the people who work there. I admit that seemed like a weird concept to me, especially since I'm not much of a pet person. Thankfully for me, the story focused on the developing relationship between Hollie ( a prickly goth looking young woman on her own) and Nick (a soldier from a big family who has returned home with his bomb sniffing dog to recover from some PTSD type issues) more so than the animals, although I have to say Nick's dog was endearing.

While things start off rather slowly between the couple, the mystery is revealed right off the bat. Grayce and Hollie are honoring the request of a friend by trying to locate two missing female marines. Nick inserts himself into the investigation as a way to get closer to Hollie and to give his days a bit of purpose. While the danger to Grayce heats up and her boyfriend goes caveman overprotective, Nick and Hollie discover their attraction to each other along with the possibility of an imminent attack by an eco-terrorist group.

I liked Nick and Hollie as a couple and thought this story wad a unique departure from what I typically read.

No comments:

Post a Comment