Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wilde at Heart by Tonya Burrows

I'm going to start by saying that this cover is hot. I loved it, and it was what initially drew made to this book, well that and the fact that I have great luck with this publisher in finding really good reads. This book is the third in a series of which I have read none of the others. I had no problem keeping up though. I did go back and add the first two books to my Amazon wish list.

Reece and Shelby have known each other for a while, long enough for Reece to know that Shelby is trouble. Unfortunately for him, he wants her anyway. Shelby is attracted to Reece, but she knows she has some dangerous secrets that could maybe even be deadly. When a chance but steamy encounter between the two of them leads to a devious blackmail scheme, Reece and Shelby make a spur of the moment decision which sets their families in an uproar and has lasting consequences. Instead of keeping danger at bay, it seems to only draw it closer.

Throughout the book, my heart hurt for Shelby. It seemed like everyone who ought to love her constantly put her down and made her feel worthless. Everyone wanted her to change. I thought she was such a great character, and the ending of the story couldn't have been better for her. I loved the story.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment