Sunday, August 23, 2015

Wrong Number, Right Guy by Elle Casey

This is the first book in a new series called The Bourbon Street Boys. I don't recall ever reading anything by this author, and honestly, I decided to try this book because I thought the cover was really striking and sexy. I hate naked and even half naked covers. I prefer to imagine for myself, and this cover lends itself to plenty of imagining. 😁 Right of the bat, this book had me giggling out loud over a hilarious text conversation. The amusement continued throughout the story and totally complimented the suspense. The basic gist of the story is May, a gifted photographer with a sort of cutesy girl next door image, receives an SOS text from what she believes is her sister's new phone. She braves a sketchy biker bar in her efforts to rescue her sister only to find herself in danger and being rescued by what might be the sketchiest guy in the place, Ozzie. When the sketchy guy turns out to be the opposite of what she thinks and offers her not only protection but the chance at a job much more exciting than her current occupation, her life not only gets more exciting, but also much more complicated. She may even have to decide which she wants more, her job or her boss.

I really enjoyed the story. The characters were great, and the author did a wonderful job of building important relationships between them. May was hilarious, and I loved being first person inside her head. I will not be missing any of the future books in the series.

I received an ARC for review from Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment