Sunday, August 14, 2016

An Indecent Proposal by Katee Robert

I have been a serious fan of this series from the start. Katee Robert created a whole world of mafia families, and it sucked me right in. While each book in the series has its own definite ending, I recommend reading them in order for the best experience. This book especially needs the background because Cillian and Olivia are both highly affected by events in the previous books.

Cillian meets Olivia in the neighborhood bar. He is supposedly drowning his sorrows, and Olivia is working in the bar and trying to keep a low profile. Olivia believes Cillian is a threat to her currently trouble free existence especially once she learns his name is O'Malley. She is quite familiar with his family's business and wants nothing to do with it or him. Cillian attempts to give her space, but he's not going away. He wants her like nothing else he can remember in recent history. She makes him feel a spark of life again, but he may be risking his life by associating with her. Olivia has some big secrets, and she may be more of a threat than Cillian can imagine.

I love how all the relationships in this series tangle and circle back around. The O'Malley family has me completely locked in. Cillian was my favorite O'Malley so far, but I truly can't wait to see what happens with Sloan.  I love how Teague steps in to help his siblings, and how we get to see the dynamics of this family shift and change. Bring on book four!

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment