Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The darkest link by Scarlett Cole

I was impressed with how the author used this book to tie a lot of the series'strings together. Even though it could be read as a standalone, it is so much better within the context of the series. It has such rich and likeable characters not to mention a perfect setting.  Reconnecting with characters I have loved from previous books, especially Pixie, really makes me happy.

In this story one of the tattoo artists, Lia, is traveling to speak at a convention when she had car trouble. As she is stranded on the side of the road, her retro curvy style (and her legs) catch the attention of Kenny, a local garage owner. They are instantly attracted to each other and become involved in a no strings attached short of way pretty quickly. Everything is great until Lia's life is suddenly threatened and Kenny's real name and past show up right in his face. The combination shakes but doesn't break their connection. Unfortunately a killer might sever that connection forever if they don't find him first.

This was a great wrap up for the tattoo employees, and the excerpt for the next book made me so happy since Jordan tugged my heart like crazy in the last book. I can't wait to see what kind of woman it will take to restore his heart.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.




No comments:

Post a Comment